Monday, August 17, 2009

Update


It's been forever since I blogged because all the blogs I read are of happy things and well not too much happiness has happened for us lately. We tried another IUI in April to find it did not work. Two days later we found out that my grandmother has a terminal brain tumor. My grandmother is so very special to me. We grew up living 3 doors down from my grandparents and it was wonderful. I have so many great memories of her and my Pawpaw. I was so mad when I found out because I want to be able to tell her that she is going to be a great grandmother again, but I can't right now. She amazed me after her surgery and her 6 weeks of radiation and chemo. I hope that one day I can be as strong as my grandmother. So, after we found out about my grandmother we decided to take a break from the baby stuff for a while. It has been nice because I don't feel like I have to look at a calendar all the time. As if things couldn't get worse, at the end of the school year I was told that my contract would not be renewed with my school. I was two days away from being tenured. I still have not found a job and last week was horrible for me. School started last week and it was the first time in 8 years that I was not teaching. I love teaching and know that it is what I am supposed to do. I have put everything in God's hands and I know it will all work out in the end.

On a lighter note, we have had an ok summer. In June we went to West Virginia for Matt's cousins wedding and had a nice time. Here are some pictures from our summer. Sorry for such a depressing post, but just needed to vent. I am so blessed to have Matt as my husband! He is wonderful and I know that without him I could not get through any of this.




1 comment:

MBH said...

Leigh, you have me here in tears...I wish you weren't having to go through the infertility mess. It does weigh you down heavily and I hope you get some relaxation with the "break". I will keep you in my prayers for a job too! I was teaching while going through the infertility and had weeks worth of people having to cover my classes so I could go do blood work etc. I KNOW my job added to the stress of not getting pregnant. Also, you obviously have great genes to be offspring of your grandmother. She sounds like a fighter and You ARE as strong as she is and just as much a fighter, your battle is just different. DONT give up! Have HOPE!