Friday, October 22, 2010

Cherish Every Moment

Today while I was at the grocery store I noticed so many young women shopping with their grandmothers. It made me think about all the times I would go shopping with my Mamaw to either Greer's or Delchamps. I used to love going shopping with her because it would be just the two of us and we could talk about anything. Today as I saw those girls shopping with their grandmothers I wanted to stop them and tell them to cherish every moment - even the everyday moments. It's weird how it's the little things that make me miss her so much. It's hard to believe that it has been a year since she has passed away, but I know she is in a much better place and I choose to celebrate that and her life.

1 comment:

aeb said...

I'll never forget... days after my grandmother passed away, I was at the mall and witnessed a screaming match between a teenager and her mother. It was the teenager's grandmother's birthday, and the mother was furious with her daughter for (loudly!!!) not wanting to attend the party. I remember wanting to shake her... to tell her to go to the party... to hug her grandmother... and to cherish each moment.
OH... AND ~ my grandmother and I made many a Delchamps trip together, as well! Great times ~ beautiful memories. :)